The Board of Shepherds at Covenant Church is a group of men and women who provide additional pastoral support for the members, friends and visitors of the church.
- The Shepherds function as listeners, communicators and initiators of appropriate pastoral action.
- The Shepherds make calls or send cards to the members of our flocks to congratulate them on their birthday or anniversary.
- We may provide meals for those who need this support during times of recovery.
- We present a rose to each individual who is baptized.
- We provide to the congregation the “Daily Word” which are devotional booklets.
- We make phone calls, visit and send cards to support those in need.
- We especially try to keep in contact with shut-ins.
- We help with funeral and memorial worship services. We give support to the grieving family by providing a reception and frequently a meal after the worship service.
- The Shepherds’ goal is to fulfill our mission statement of “lifting one another through loving and caring relationships for the glory of God.”